Monday 3 February 2014

Exorcising Facebook



Exercise this week

<1> Just squash and boxing training
<2> Squash, boxing training and 3 x 3 minute skipping sessions Mon-Fri
<3> Squash, boxing training, 3 x 3 minute skipping sessions Mon/Wed/Fri & 5 x 10 of Jaye’s training exercises Tues/Thurs
<4> Squash, boxing training and 3 x 3 minute skipping sessions Mon-Fri & 5 x 10 of Jaye’s training exercises Mon-Fri
<5> Squash, boxing training and 3 x 3 minute skipping sessions Mon-Fri, 5 x 10 of Jaye’s training exercises Mon-Fri & 2 runs to Aylesford
<6> Squash, boxing training and 3 x 3 minute skipping sessions Mon-Fri, 5 x 10 of Jaye’s training exercises Mon-Fri, 2 runs to Aylesford & a slow 10K to Ditton

Throws <2> I can’t lie. I really didn’t want that <6>

Facebook

<Evens> Not on from 0900-1800 today
<Odds> Not on again until 1800 tomorrow
<Double 2-6> Not on again until 1800 on Friday
<Double 1> Unrestricted Facebook use until tomorrow when I must throw again

Throws <4 & 2> Sonia says “Why don’t you just decide not to waste too much time on Facebook  and do it? Why do you need the dice?” I know now that it's pointless to even try to explain the answer to this sort of question in the same way I no longer try to explain why just having one glass of wine out of the bottle is more unsatisfactory than not drinking at all.

Even when you’ve lived with someone for decades, it’s weird how bits of each other can remain entirely unintelligible. I’m undecided whether I think this is a good thing or not. In some ways it sustains a bit of mystique in our relationship, but in other ways I know we each think “Why the fuck do I still have to explain this about myself to you, you dummy? Haven’t you been paying any attention to what I’m like in all these years!”


No comments:

Post a Comment